Friday, February 25, 2011

Restaurant Week - Day to Night Dressing

So Restaurant Week may be one of my favorite times of year in Chicago (I say one of since it happens more than 1x a year, and then there's Chef's Week...). Delicious food at great restaurants for a very affordable price! While I had a fabulous time dining with friends at Boka and Red Canary Tuesday and Wednesday night, I had to find a way to dress for work and for dinner. 

If you haven't noticed yet from previous posts, my office is pretty casual: jeans is the norm. So while I like to "flex my style muscles" if you will, if I dress up too much people ask me if I'm going to an interview later. 

So, for my first night out, at work I added a sweater to the outfit, finished it out with my ankle booties, and kept the jewelry minimal to keep it casual.

Outfit #21 2/22/11: Day Outfit
For that night I ditched the sweater, added some more jewelry (I'm really into stacking a bunch of bracelets lately), and put on my knee high riding boots for some practicality in walking to my destination (let's be honest). But I think they looked pretty great in changing up the outfit. 

Outfit #21: Night Outfit
The following day I brought out my fab new dress again, and put together an outfit for both work and play. I had to go straight from work to a work event and then dinner, so there was no time for an actual change. 

The riding jacket and riding boots brought a little bit of boyishness to the dress - and I just loved having the lace peaking out. As for the double necklaces, I added the bolder one for dinner.
Outfit #22: 2/23/11 Day & Night

1 comment:

  1. ack! the trim on that top is fantastic! love it both ways--with jacket and just on its own. seriously. what a great shirt...and ensemble!
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

    ReplyDelete