Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chicago-Savvy Shoes

So I've been thinking a lot about shoes recently. I know we ladies tend to think of shoes often (OK, all the time). During this season though, I've found that grabbing a pair of shoes in the morning has become that much more difficult. I haven't been wanting to grab my usual winter boots, and it's still too cold to expose my feet to the weather via my usual flats or heels. 

Refinery 29 Chicago took a stab at some spring solutions for us Chicagoans (The Best Shoes for a Chicago Spring). The slideshow includes a mix of ankle boots in neutrals (both heeled and flats), flats in brights and prints, and a couple of heels options. I love some of these looks (can we say ankle bootie wedge??), but I'm thinking of a slightly different sartorial direction to take me from now to summer: Oxfords. (a.k.a. brogues, spectators, etc.)

I grabbed my trusty patent black pair out of the back of my closet this morning, and saw another fabulous pair in classic brown at lunch. 

Currently I'm wearing mine with straight leg jeans and a sweater, or a dress/skirt and tights. Come summer I'll be wearing a pair with fun flirty dresses. I love that these shoes bring a little boyishness to my more girly looks.

What do you think? Will you be wearing oxfords this spring? 
Here are some options available that I love:

Non-laced option
Steve Madden Trouser ($70, available on Piperlime)

Almost an exact match to my pair!
Chelsea Crew Perforated Oxford Shoe - also available in brown ($59, available at Urban Outfitters)

For an Italian feel
DV by Dolce Vita 'Marcella' Slip-On ($70, available at Nordstrom)

LOVE this color!
n.d.c. Briar Oxford ($415.00, available at Barney's)




And if you can't bear to wear flats... 

Of course they're Frye
Frye Block Heel Oxford ($188, available at Urban Outfitters)

No comments:

Post a Comment