Monday, April 18, 2011

Model Style

3 things I love - Street style shots, Paris and Model style - all came together in today's WhoWhatWear story. 

As these shots were taken during the S/S '11 shows, it gives some nice inspiration for transitional dressing in Chicago - especially with that dusting of snow we woke up to this morning.

Photo by Vanessa Jackman via WhoWhatWear
I like that Sara incorporated some spring neutrals with black and all in a unique way. Definitely want to try this type of layering - buttoned up top with sweater, a long blazer, and short skirt or pair of shorts. 

Photo by Vanessa Jackman via WhoWhatWear
Anouk and Karolina bring forward some more fashion-forward takes on preppy style (note the chambray and striped sailor sweater). Both looks manage to be both casual and put together. I'm not sure how brave I am to break the rules and wear my white jeans yet... so I may wait to bring out Karolina's look for a little while. As for Anouk's look - I'll be pairing my awesome jacket (from an earlier post) with a pencil skirt, button down, and riding boots. 

Photo by Vanessa Jackman via WhoWhatWear
Can we say pop of color!! I love Tati's look - probably because she looks like a total badass while wearing duck boots - why don't I look that cool in my pair? That's right... not a model. But I digress. Taking from this look I'll be pairing my beloved leather jacket with a bright skirt, crisp white button down and keeping everything else simple in black. I'll substitute her boots for my ankle booties or my Frye's. 

See this awkward in between weather isn't so bad after all. Now all I need is to find some Parisian model style in a thunder storm so I can prep for all the rain that's ahead....

1 comment:

  1. come check us out
    http://www.deepoca.net/

    We can offer you 15% off all merchandise

    Thank you

    deEPOCA VINTAGE
    www.deepoca.net

    ReplyDelete